miércoles, 9 de mayo de 2007

Deep Thoughts...


"I think i'll write in my blog today."
"What shall i write about?"
"Hmm.... well... it has to be something deep, because that's what people do in blogs, they write very deep thoughts that make other people think deep thoughts."
"I have no deep thoughts... what do I do?"

And that's when i almost turned off my computer in a frustration of the shallowness of my mind. No deep thoughts today. No philosophies of how my German/Irish heritage has affected my present being.... no theories pertaining to the continual and overwhelming swell of united statesian influence... no suggestion for a new book to read.... and i sure as heck haven't got the whole 'love' thing figured out.

I have no deep thoughts today. Does that mean i have nothing to write about?

All i know right now is that i woke up today with breath in my lungs. I ate food. I had a conversation with someone who took the time to ask how i was doing... and i enjoyed it. I know that i will probably read a few Psalms today. I will probably play the guitar. I will dance. I will sing. I will enjoy my life today. But i will NOT be thinking deep thoughts.

I will simply enjoy the life that has been given me.

You see, i have the problem of over-analyzation. I get an idea in my head and it runs circles around my brain until i don't know which end is up, and i am deep deep in thought. I have been known to entertain myself for hours... by thinking. I make time to close my eyes, analyze, criticize, theorize, and hypothesize.

And all the while, i could've been simply spending time with those that i love.

Yes i think reflection is necessary. Necessary to learn from past mistakes and plan for the future so that we do not make as many new ones. But I would trade all my contemplation to spend a cold december night in front of the fire with the ones i love, sipping hot chocolate and listening to James Taylor.

So sorry folks, no deep thoughts today, i've decided to enjoy my life without analyzing it to death.

I am eerily close to something deep, so i will close down this entry to avoid any such nonsense in favor of the chords 'G', 'C', 'D', and 'Em', which with the right rhythm, lyrics, and melody, will then be converted into the song "Real World" by Matchbox 20.

2 comentarios:

Crisálida dijo...

No se trata de expresar pensamientos profundos, sino sobre lo que se siente, se vive, se disfruta, lo que molesta, lo que amas o lo que odias... el ejercicio de la escritura le da otro matiz a lo simple y cotidiano!

Anónimo dijo...

Thinking's good, is entertaining, and finding answers is the best. But “simple” simply tops it. The biggest challenge in life is sit back, take a big breath and keep it simple. Enjoy.