jueves, 28 de junio de 2007

Blissful Uncertainty


I was slightly apprehensive about the fact that I have absolutely no clue what I will be doing after I graduate from the University. Until i talked with my friend today.

He's got it all planned out. He has an internship with a large pharmaceutical company that will offer him a desk job at the end of September if all goes well. He will be paid well. Paid to take a desk job. Paid to work in a cubicle. Paid to sell a few of his dreams...

In exchange, he will have the means to provide for the family that he is on the verge of building. He chooses a family over his dreams.

I sincerely believe one does not have to choose between the two.

My body, my mind, and my soul were not formed and created in such a way that they fit in the 6' by 6' box in an office. My soul will not be content with paperwork. My body is not challenged by sitting in front of a computer for tireless hours. My mind does not blossom in the atmosphere of the 8-5 workweek.

So I will savor the uncertainty of adventure that currently rules my life in favor of fretting over a stability that i don't yet desire.

Some might call it 'living my freedom'. I will say that I am enjoying my liberty from the monotany and hum-drum of the predictable. I taste each bite as it comes, not knowing what flavor to expect next, but knowing only that it will be different from the last, and that there's a good possibility that I will like it.

If my life ever becomes predictable, please intervene.

3 comentarios:

Crisálida dijo...

"I sincerely believe one does not have to choose between the two".
He ahí tu respuesta querido Mark...!
Tu libertad no tendría por que ser interrrumpida para lograr el resto de tus sueños...
Que disfrutes este tu viaje!!!

Anónimo dijo...

WISE.

Crisálida dijo...

Fue bueno releerte... y precisamente ahora que leí un post de Randall sobre el miedo a correr riesgos y por lo tanto, continuar en el lugar rutinario y aburrido pero seguro... Yo recién escribo en mi blog sobre cómo nos ocultamos por lo tanto, en el TENER para buscar entonces SER.
Un abrazo!