sábado, 23 de junio de 2007

Lost Luggage


And as an exclamation point in this chapter of my life that has just ended, my luggage has decided it liked the dry heat of Texas so much... it decided to stay. And so I am now without my contact solution, toothbrush, clean clothes, and almost everything else i used to survive these past 5 months. I am left with the clothes on my back, my guitar, and this computer which i am using to write this very blog in my hotel room at one o'clock in the morning.

So now what? I am forced to survive without the things which i was so accustomed to living with these past 5 months. Forced to live without a good number of things one might deem necessary for life. To live without a good number of things which had become... comfortable. Some things are replaceable... others however are unique and simply impossible to find anything remotely similar here in the United States. So I will seek to do my best to fill gaping holes.

Tomorrow I should get my luggage back. I will still have large holes to fill.

2 comentarios:

Crisálida dijo...

"I am forced to survive without the things which i was so accustomed to living with these past 5 months" Cuantas cosas se quedan, se pierden, se extrañan con una partida... pero cuantas cosas se llevan, se ganan, se aprenden y se guardan... por siempre! Algo habrás ganado, algún obsequio, algún recuerdo, algún amigo... Y conociéndote, ese equipaje debía ir sobrecargado de ese tipo de entregas, presentes de quienes te conocieron por aca!

Anónimo dijo...

Maybe you didn't lose your luggage, maybe your luggage lost you. And this strange decision of your stuff to leave you hangin' should say more about you than you might think.
Losing stuff is usually a sign of freedom. Enjoy it while it returns.